Illustrations help convey complex ideas in a simple way. They should be meaningful and reflect a user's context and emotional state.
- Clean solid lines
- Use majority midnight outline with predominantly white fill. Some outlines may be treated with accent colors for stylistic purposes.
- Elements that are filled with solid accent colors generally don’t need an outline
- When illustrating a people, use multicolor pixels to cover faces to represent anonymity
- Portraits are made for our Privacy in Action guest bloggers and interviewees
- Photos are submitted and traced in Adobe Illustrator
- Facial features are simplified and our brand blue is usually used for hair, eyes, and eyebrows. If the person’s hair, facial hair, eye color, etc is very light, a lighter shade of brand blue may be used.
- The fill color is white if the person has light skin. If the person has a darker skin tone, a lighter shade of brand blue may be used.
- Midnight should be used for the outline and the shirt fill.